1. Weekly envelopes (available from the office). Checks may be mailed to the church: Lutheran Church of the Resurrection; 3500 29th Ave; Marion, IA 52302.
2. Simply Giving EFT allows you to give every week, month, or quarter as you choose. You don't have to remember to bring a physical check to church and the church receives a steady income!
Please download the form below, print it, complete the information, sign it, and bring it back to the church. If you are signing up for Simply Giving the first time, please attach a voided check. If you are just making an update to your giving, no voided check is required.
Simply Giving form (click to download)
Mail to: Lutheran Church of the Resurrection; attn: Recording Secretary; 3500 29th Avenue; Marion, IA 52302
3. Appreciated Assets – Lutheran Church of the Resurrection can accept gifts of stocks, bonds, mutual funds, works of art, land, real estate and other types of personal property. We encourage you to talk with your financial advisor before making any gift of this type to the church.
4. Retirement accounts – Distributions from retirement accounts such as IRA’s and qualified retirement plans may be given. Part or all of your post age 70 ½ IRA Distribution may be given directly to LCR and excluded from AGI. Naming Lutheran Church of the Resurrection as a beneficiary on an IRA or pension account allows a distribution at death to pass tax-free to the church.
5. Life Insurance - There are special ways you can use life insurance as a gift-giving device. Some examples include:
- Give the cash value accumulated in a policy.
- Donate the annual dividends of a policy
- Designate the church as the beneficiary of the policy